Whether you have one Lladro figurine or an entire collection of Lladro sculptures in your home, they will require an occasional cleaning. Fortunately, cleaning your Lladro porcelain pieces is not very difficult or costly.
How thorough and how often you will need to clean your Lladro porcelain home decor depends largely on how it is displayed in your home. We recommend that you display your Lladro in a glass curio cabinet to minimize dirt and debris buildup. Not only will this make your cleaning easier and quicker, it will also help to protect your Lladro pieces from accidental damage.
Dusting Your Lladro Sculptures
If cared for regularly and kept in a display cabinet, an occasional careful dusting should be all that is required to keep your Lladro porcelain home decor looking great. Below are some dusting tips:
- A microfiber cloth is great for dusting your Lladro figurines, just be careful of the cloth getting caught on the delicate fingers and flowers.
- Many Lladro collectors use soft bristled artist paint brushes (see below) or makeup brushes to clean in between the flower petals and other hard to reach spaces.
- Compressed air in a can (see below) is another safe and popular method of dusting Lladro sculptures.
- For dusting matte Lladro porcelain you may want to consider using a soft damp cloth to better clean the textured surfaces if the above does not work.
Washing Lladro Figurines
Most Lladro figurines should not require a washing too often if dusted regularly. Due to the possibility of damaging your valuable Lladro porcelain artwork, we only recommend that you wash your Lladro pieces if after dusting and wiping them clean with a soft damp cloth, they still appear to be dirty and grimy. With all that said, there are times when your Lladro requires a good washing. Below are some tips on how to wash Lladro porcelain safely:
- For washing a Lladro sculpture, all you need is lukewarm water (too hot and you can soften any adhesives), a mild non-abrasive detergent and a soft cotton cloth. Avoid bleach, ammonia and other chemicals.
- Consider lining your sink and surrounding drying area with soft towels and / or rubber matting to help protect your Lladro figurine against damage in case it slips out of your wet hands while cleaning.
- We recommend that you partially submerge sections of your Lladro piece in the soapy lukewarm water and then use a soft cotton cloth or soft bristled brush to gently clean areas as needed. Be careful to not immerse the firing hole at the bottom of your porcelain sculpture as getting water inside could possibly cause the growth of mold and damage the porcelain over time.
- Finally, rinse your Lladro figurine with lukewarm water and allow it to air dry on a soft towel in a safe place.
We hope this information helped. If you have any tips to share about how you clean your Lladro we would love to hear from you.